Click each question to reveal its answer:
- What is The Women’s Clinic of Columbus?
- The Women’s Clinic of Columbus is a medical clinic whose purpose is to care for the well-being & education of women and men, particularly those experiencing an unexpected pregnancy. We offer free pregnancy tests and ultrasounds, administered by medical professionals to confirm pregnancy. We also provide our clients with accurate information on pregnancy options including abortion, parenting and adoption.
- How does the pregnancy test work?
- Our medical professionals test the urine sample, which indicates pregnancy. Pregnancy tests are given free of charge and the results are completely confidential.
- Can your give me written confirmation of my pregnancy so I can use it to sign up for government assistance?
- Absolutely! We can also provide you contact information for community services and make the necessary referrals.
- What happens if my pregnancy test is positive?
- If your pregnancy test is positive, we will offer you a free ultrasound to confirm the viability of the pregnancy and give you an estimated date of delivery. Certainly, there are varied reactions to a positive pregnancy test. The goal of TWC is to provide you with the information you need to make the best choice for your health, your baby and your future. We have information on your options including abortion, parenting and adoption and can give you written confirmation of pregnancy that can be used to apply for government assistance as needed.
- Will my visit be kept confidential?
- Absolutely! It is our strict policy to not tell anyone about your visit to TWC unless you have given specific written permission to do so. You can be assured that the conversation between you and a member of our staff or volunteer team will remain private and strictly confidential. If you have concerns about making an appointment, please feel free to discuss those concerns through email at email@example.com or by calling 614-237-2000. We will work diligently with you to set up an appointment where you feel safe to come in and get the help or assistance you need. Of course, we are obligated by state law to report to the proper authorities if a client is homicidal, suicidal, under age and being abused or abusing someone else.
- How does the ultrasound work?
- We offer free limited obstetric ultrasounds from female medical professionals who have been trained in this procedure. The medical staff volunteer will meet with you to obtain some of your medical history and get an estimated date of delivery.
- I need the morning after pill, can you help me with this?
- The morning after pill is a strong medication, deserving of you becoming fully informed of its serious side effects. We suggest you call the office or set up an appointment with our nurse who can explain to you how the pill works before you put yourself at risk. Click here to learn more about the morning after pill.
- How much does it cost for the services?
- Our services are all free of charge.
- Where is TWC located?
- TWC is located at 3242 E. Main Street on the east side of Columbus between James and Hamilton Road.
Directions from I-70:
Take Exit 105B onto S. James Rd. towards Bexley. Turn right on Main Street. We are at the corner of Elizabeth and Main in a strip mall.
Directions from I-270:
Take Exit 39 for Broad St./OH-16 W. Merge onto E Broad St./OH-16. Turn left at S. Hamilton Rd. Turn right at E. Main St. We are at the corner of Elizabeth and Main in a strip mall.
Directions from I-670:
Take Exit 2A to merge onto OH-315 S. Take the exit on the left onto I-70E/I-71N toward Wheeling and continue to follow I-70E. Take exit 103A toward Main St./Bexley. Merge onto Alum Creek Dr. Turn right at E. Main St. We are at the corner of Elizabeth and Main in a strip mall.
For a map and directions from your location, click here.
- What hours are you open?
- Monday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wednesday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday – 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. – noon
- Do I need an appointment?
- Walk-ins are always welcome but if possible, we suggest that you call 614-237-2000 for an appointment so that you can be cared for without delay.
- Do you test for sexually transmitted infections (STI's)?
- Not at this time, but our medical professionals can give you valuable information concerning all types of STI’s and refer you to a physician.
- How do I receive free baby items from your in-house store?
- Our resource store is filled with quality baby items such as diapers, clothes, toys, blankets, baby formula and much more. The baby items are given as a reward to women who have enrolled in our “Earn While You Learn” program. In this program we offer parenting classes, childbirth classes and much more. If you are interested in enrolling, click here or call (614) 237-2000.